Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A hike to the Forest

Ian was feeling better this morning, so we climbed the steep streets to the forest we can see from our hotel.  The day was warm and sunny, Ian even got a bit of a sunburn. I'm having such a great time finding interesting things to photograph, a city teaming with life.

Not sure if executives would be eating here, but a good price for lunch: $1.60.

Basic Spanish here: bread, milk and eggs. My Spanish has improved markedly every day, I can get my point across in most situations.


The entrance to the eucalyptus forest, or Parque Metropolitan, and the sign to announce it.

My favorite subject :-)

My first Bromeliad in Ecuador, I'm sure to see many more.

After an hour and a half hike to the top of this hill/mountain we came upon many school children laughing and playing. We think it may have been multiple field trips judging from the buses.

After a roller coaster of a taxi ride (I had my eyes closed for some of it) we visit the gardens at Hotel Quito were we may stay at a later date. See Ian's blog for his take on the taxi ride!

Hotel Quito dinning room on the 7th Floor for a fancy lunch.

View from dinning room.

More Quito views.

The mall where the MegaMaxi supermarket is located. The Spanish translation for food court.

A pretty girl doing a food demo at the mall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Your blog and Ian's work well together - I was going to suggest he post some 'background' pics.

    Tell him 'nice haircut!'.

    Cheers, Chris (from Aberdeen / Coto Donana)

    ReplyDelete