Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Manana and Blogging, Nov 29

More San Isidro Photos.

The children of San Isidro staff.


Agouti.


Sandra, my favorite of all the hard working people at San Isidro, with Patricia's 11 month old daughter, Paula.

Wilson and Marcelo talking birds.

Fawn-breasted Brilliant Hummingbird.

Jane and John at the hummingbird feeders.

Edgar, Maestro with Paula and Jose Maria.


It's manana and I still haven't made it to Baeza. I looked up manana
in my macbook dictionary and it means sometime in the future. Hummm,
gringo that I am I thought it meant tomorrow :-)

I've written and attached photos to about 4 blogs since I last had an
internet connection that could actually post them to my blog. I write
them as an email and save them in my drafts folder, but I'm not sure
how they will look when I send them to blogspot. I know the photo
captions disappear, but hopefully the text will remain. The dates may
not come out right. So if you eventually see them and the order is all
wrong you'll know why.

I'm sitting at the hummingbird feeders, under the shelter, and a
beautiful Watusa in Spanish,  Agouti in English, has come to the edge
of the clearing to feed. So cool! A mammal about the size of a cat,
black short fur, long nose. I'll try and get a photo...

I did! I stayed very still about 20 feet away and he came back to eat
the hard corn left out for him. I can hear him crunching the corn with
his teeth, he eats like a squirrel holding the corn in his paws.
Another one came along by the path, and I got a photograph him/her,
too. I have an 18-200mm lens, but at times like this I'd like to have
a 300mm, at any rate I got some good pictures. I've been here for an
hour and he's still eating! I stood very still next to the hummingbird
feeders, they are such beautiful birds and I hear their humming at
high volume sitting here, there are at least a hundred of them flying
back and forth very busily in their hummingbird way. So much beauty
everywhere here in Ecuador.

One of the drivers was looking for me, didn't look at the feeders, he
said he could take me to the bus stop after lunch. If nothing else
comes up :-) Maybe manana is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment